- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Southern Baptist vocabulary watch
- The Shack: A Pastoral Perspective by Joel Rainey
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Bart Barber
- Pragmatism, Partnership, and Politics
- SBC PC: John Bailey Answers Some Questions About Spencer Plumlee
- Ways the ERLC Controversy Could Show Up in Phoenix
- 5 Reasons to Join a Local Church by Darin Smith
- Has health insurance affected your church’s pastor search or your search for a church?
- A Theory on the Absence of Revival and the Plight of the American Church
- Graham & Prestonwood’s Serious Threat to Cooperative Ministry Efforts
- Why are my alcohol withdrawal symptoms so mild?
- How can I help my husband quit drinking?
- Share your recovery story. We need to do this together.
- Is the Bible wrong about alcohol?
- Drinking trigger: Self pity and feeling sorry for myself
- “The Easy Way to Stop Drinking” Illustrated Edition
- Coming out about my alcoholism
- The one-step program to overcome alcohol addiction
- Do I really need an addiction counselor?
- How do I know when I’ve hit “rock bottom?”
Author Archives: Timmy Brister
There have been several kind folks who have asked me about my “Ask Anything” question that, for about a month, stood at #1 on Mark Driscoll’s “Ask Anything” website. Some of you will remember that exactly a month ago, I … Continue reading
Some of you in the SBTS blogging community will remember the 2006 Band of Bloggers fellowship which coincided with the first Together for the Gospel Conference. Others will be able to recall in recent months the chatter about the possibility … Continue reading
Tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday afternoon), Dr. Tom Ascol, executive director of Founders Ministries will be on campus to hang out and fellowship at the Founders Cafe at 2:30 p.m. Many of you may have read his blog or are aware of … Continue reading
Over the course of the past three years, I have encountered thousands of Christian blogs and currently subscribe to well over a hundred. Each day a new blog enters the blogosphere with the hopes and promise of being read and … Continue reading
I am really stoked about the new theological library from Reclaiming the Mind Ministries! Here is their announcement: Hundreds of theological papers online and available for search and download. These are papers from the past 5 years of the Evangelical … Continue reading
Yesterday, Dr. Michael Haykin wrote a nice reflection on leaving Toronto, where he has taught for 25 years, for Southern Seminary. In his article, Dr. Haykin leaves a passionate word of exhortation to the people in the province of Toronto–an … Continue reading
I know. I know. We have more conferences today in evangelical and Southern Baptist life than we know what to do with, but before you tune out of another conference plug, allow me to speak to a wonderful idea started … Continue reading