Back To School – Spring 2008

The new semester is only a few days away. The comments on this post are open for any of our student readers to share their class schedules.

This entry was posted in Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - SBTS. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Back To School – Spring 2008

Intro To Old Testament 1 – Russell Fuller (online)

Biblical Worldview and Educational Practice – Michael Wilder (Mon, 2:30 PM – 5:20 PM)

2. Doug Smith says:

Intro to Biblical Counseling, Methods & Skills – Stuart Scott (online)

3. Preaching Practicum – Dr. Russell Moore and Rev. David Prince (Fri. 8-10:50 AM)

Life and Theology of Augustine – Dr. Chad Brand (Wed. 11:30 AM- 2:20 PM)

Baptist History – Dr. Tom Nettles (Tues. and Thurs. 2:30 PM- 3:45 PM)

4. Paul Cable says:

Contemporary Theol. – Dr. Wellum
    Gk Syntax & Exegesis- Dr. Pennington
    Intro. to Biblical Counseling- Dr. Scott
    Pers. Spiritual Disciplines- Dr. Whitney

5. Personal Evangelism – Beougher
    Systematic Theology II – Allison
    Christian Worship in Contemporary Culture – Stam
    Musicianship II – Priest
    Chapel Choir – Bolton
    Beginning Guitar
    Piano Lesson

6. Doug Smith says:

Julie,

What’s the text for the guitar class?

7. Systematic Theology II–Moore
    Intro. to Christian Philosophy–Parker
    Church History II–Smith

8. Matt Privett says:

The semester started today down the hill…

Greek II – Barry Joslin
    Preaching II – Brian Payne
    Church History II – Josh Powell
    Christian Aesthetics and Culture – Steve Halla
    Critical Reasoning – Travis Kerns
    History of the Bible – Charles Draper (online)

Matt – That’s a lot of education!

10. Doug – not sure until I get to the bookstore, it’s not on ecampus – will let you know when I find out. :-)

11. Brandon Rogers says:

NT Theology – Schreiner
    Church History II – Nettles
    Systematic I – Wellum

12. Bryan says:

New Testament II – Vickers
    Greek Syntax & Exegesis – Vickers
    Church History II – Smith

13. Todd says:

I’m ABD baby! Hooahh!

14. Matt Privett says:

Tony,

Yes indeed. Hopefully my blogging frequency doesn’t suffer too much. But I am looking forward to the semester.

15. Into to NT II – Vickers
    Ministry of Proclamation – York
    Ministry of Leadership – Wilder
    Ministry of Mischief – Kummer
    Urban Evangelism and Church Growth – Galloway
    Introduction to Blue Collar Theology :)

16. Is there a wait list for the Ministry of Mischief class. I bet I could test out of it ;)

17. Massimo says:

anybody know anything about the preaching practicum on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 11:30. The e-campus still shows prof TBA and I’m one of only two students in it. The bookstore shows Jon Akin teaching it and I was looking forward to it since he chose to use two Goldsworthy books, but I can’t imagine the class will go with only two students.

Church History II – Nettles (looks like I’m in there with a couple of y’all! woohoo!)
    Systematic Theology II – Moore
    Intro to OT – Betts
    Personal Spiritual Disciplines – Whitney

I have no books, am still in Texas, and won’t even be returning to Louisville until Saturday morning…how’s that for exciting? :)

Oh yeah, and our gift of the Seminary Housing office welcomed me back to school with a $100 fine for failing to fill out the proper forms for Winter check out. ::count it all joy…count it all joy….::

Anyways, I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, and seeing all y’all around campus (and then walking right past you, because I’ve never met you in “real” life…lol)

19. Terry,

I am not sure if there is a wait list or not, but King Kummer has quite the reading list! Profs touting the 1200 page limit pale in comparison to his multi-volume manual on mischief. But alas, I have been assured that this class isn’t a bunch of busy work, but has lots of practical application.

20. Proclamation (York): T/R 8:30
    Evangelism (Beougher): T/R 11:30
    Something to fill the T/R 1:00 time slot (probably Contemporary Theol)

21. Wait a minute, Tony. You can’t be going in there and changing my name! Is this mischief in action?

22. Tony,

You have so much to teach me! I am looking forward to this class! :)

23. Hank,

It looks like we have Systematic II together. That will be pretty cool–I confess I have not been able to work much on our study. I have been reading your stuff and am looking forward to doing this if you are still interested.

God bless, brother.

24. Doug, no text for the guitar class! :-)