Who is up for a challenge over winter break?
My favorite Seminary isn’t offering any classes I need this January, so I’ve been looking for a study project. It occurred to me that I could read the entire Bible in a month if I maintained the Southern Seminary reading pace over the winter break. I like to think of it as Bible Reading Southern Seminary Style.
- NT 18 hours (1,080 minutes)– ESV 279 pages
- OT 57 hours (3,420 minutes) – ESV 968 pages
- January has 31 days
- December 10th – January 31st has 53 days
Read Through the Entire Bible in January
- Read 35 minutes or 9 pages of NT per day
- Read 111 minutes or 32 pages of OT per day
- So, by spending only 2 hours and 26 minutes per day, 41 pages, you can read through the entire ESV Bible in January.
Start Now and Read It All by January 31st
- You can add 22 days if you start on December 10th for a total of 53 days.
- Read 21 minutes or 5 ½ pages of NT per day
- Read 54 ½ minutes or 18 ½ pages of OT per day
- So, by spending only 1 hour and 16 minutes per day, 24 pages, you can read through the entire ESV Bible between now and February.
- Just over 1 hour a day!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
- You can do the Old Testament, New Testament or both
- Leave a comment on this post to make it public
- I’ll create a forum post, linked from the top menu, for people to note their progress each week.