- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Talk Amongst Yourselves: What Is Going on in the SBC?
- Will (should) tax reform reform the clergy housing allowance?
- Baptist in the Spirit, Part 4: Old Testament Pentecostal Power?
- A Greek guide for the book of Luke and a FREEBIE too!
- Are You Celebrating the Reformation?
- Simple evaluation of the ruling that the housing allowance is unconstitutional
- Housing allowance struck down by federal judge, again
- National Cooperative Program gifts are up for third consecutive year
- The strange world of gender
- A Revised Question: Trying to Understand the Love of Guns
- The Alcoholic Hymn (The Spirit Bears the Curse) by Derek Webb
- Can Wellbutrin Help Me Quit Drinking?
- Relapse was like attempting suicide
- My 7 Day Alcohol Detox at a Vodou Dance Festival
- Recovery Ruined My Drinking
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- 115 Days Sober: Energy Drinks and Recovering Addicts
- 114 Days Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- 108 Days Sober: What if things get worse?
- 107 Days Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
Category Archives: Chapel Blogging
Dr. Jerry Vines is the president of Jerry Vines Ministries in Woodstock, Ga. He has served at president of SBC from 1988-90. He and his wife, Janet, have four children and seven grandchildren. Dr. Vines preached on John 3:16 today. … Continue reading
Dr. Jerry Vines is the president of Jerry Vines Ministries in Woodstock, Ga. He has served at president of SBC from 1988-90. He and his wife, Janet, have four children and seven grandchildren. In the 1870’s archaeologists discovered an obelisk … Continue reading
The new chapel schedule is live on the SBTS website. Terry Delaney will be chapel blogging again for us this year, plus he’s found a place to type during the sermons. So, they should be posted before noon rather than … Continue reading
Clyde T. Francisco (1916-1981) was a professor of Old Testament interpretation at Southern Seminary. He died of a massive heart attack while preaching in Helen, GA. Ken Schmidt, the 2008 Clyde T. Francisco Award recipient preached the chapel message today … Continue reading
Dr. Tom Elliff, an Southern Seminary alumni, and the Senior Vice President for Spiritual Nurture and Church Relations, gave today’s sermon in Alumni Chapel from Psalm 95. He gave us three mission imperatives: We should hear God. We should be … Continue reading
Dr. James Merritt, a Southern seminary grad (M. Div and PhD), presented the sermon today in Alumni Chapel. He currently serves as the Senior Pastor at Cross Pointe, the Church at Gwinnett Center in Atlanta, Georgia and has a ministry … Continue reading
Dr. Wellum, professor of Christian Theology at SBTS, delivered the chapel sermon today at Alumni Chapel. Preaching from Hebrews 2:5-18, Dr. Wellum celebrated with us “Christmas in April.” Sermon: Hebrews 2:5-18 Dr. Wellum helped us to see how the writer … Continue reading