- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Some pretty good Baptist talk; some not so much
- What If Church Isn’t Meant to Be a Weekly Cataclysm?
- Hitting the state convention annual meeting
- C’mon, People, Baptists Don’t Do Petitions
- Is NAMB being too heavyhanded with State Conventions?
- A Point of Curiosity: Is Your Church Doing Things Differently This Week?
- Entities, Trustees, Crises, and Trust: Thoughts about the SBC’s Future
- Moving Forward after Sutherland Springs (Joseph Giles)
- Southwestern Seminary cuts 10% of their full time positions
- And So We Pray: Answering the Anger over Christians’ “Thoughts and Prayers”
- The Alcoholic Hymn (The Spirit Bears the Curse) by Derek Webb
- Can Wellbutrin Help Me Quit Drinking?
- Relapse was like attempting suicide
- My 7 Day Alcohol Detox at a Vodou Dance Festival
- Recovery Ruined My Drinking
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- 115 Days Sober: Energy Drinks and Recovering Addicts
- 114 Days Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- 108 Days Sober: What if things get worse?
- 107 Days Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
Category Archives: Christianity and Culture
photo credit: o2ma I’m a little late, but I just found out that trio of SBTS students made it onto NPR on Monday. Robbie Sagers, Phillip Bethancourt and Jenny Clark were interviewed by NPR’s “All Things Considered” about the shady … Continue reading
Here is a clever piece of sociology for our information age from one of my new favorite tech blogs. Anyone up for cultural analysis or worldview deconstruction?
So, the Roundup Redactor fell behind in his work last week, but I am now pleased to offer a two-for-one deal. Two weeks for the price of one. This week we will combine the Evangelism First! roundup with Engaging Culture.
I don’t know what to make of this and this. Feel free to make your own opinions, but when the panic reaches the mega-church pews, it may be time to buy. [poll id=”9″] So, what do you really think? How … Continue reading
Racism and Racial Diversity In The Christian Church Racism Topic Archive by Billy Graham (10 Essays On Racism) Elect from Every Nation, Racial Reconciliation Won’t Happen If We Don’t Take Ephesians Seriously by Paul Kjoss Helseth (Touchstone Magazine Article, September … Continue reading
I present this week’s roundup, wherein I exact revenge on all those English professors who wanted to inject their warped vision of “gender as a social construct” into EVERYTHING. Next week will be more theological in theme. Enjoy.
Integrity? Most would say it’s a core element of Christian ethics. Most definitions would include factual reporting and truth telling in the mix. Let’s just say I was sick when I saw the ERLC bending the truth to promote the … Continue reading