- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- The Rub
- We Cancelled Our Evening Service (Kevin Sanders)
- Record Annie Armstrong offering
- A Great Book that Shouldn’t Need to Be Written!
- Are Unhappy Christians a Poor Witness?
- What Became of Luther’s German Church (A Book Review of Philipp Jacob Spener, Pia Desideria)
- Talk Amongst Yourselves: What Is Going on in the SBC?
- Will (should) tax reform reform the clergy housing allowance?
- Baptist in the Spirit, Part 4: Old Testament Pentecostal Power?
- A Greek guide for the book of Luke and a FREEBIE too!
- The Alcoholic Hymn (The Spirit Bears the Curse) by Derek Webb
- Can Wellbutrin Help Me Quit Drinking?
- Relapse was like attempting suicide
- My 7 Day Alcohol Detox at a Vodou Dance Festival
- Recovery Ruined My Drinking
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- 115 Days Sober: Energy Drinks and Recovering Addicts
- 114 Days Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- 108 Days Sober: What if things get worse?
- 107 Days Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
Category Archives: John Piper
Read this amazing story of God’s grace from Abraham Piper. HT: Cross Eyed
Check out the massive resources from Desiring God on the topic of sexuality – free sermons, books, articles and even some Q&A. HT: barwal1 via Stumble who said: I’ll probably ruffle some feathers with this post. I understand the lure … Continue reading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXl9oiCa-dE I just needed to be reminded. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle of church work. May we never forget what God has sent us to do. This is an audio hack from Piper’s 3-27-07 visit to … Continue reading
Tyler Kenney is reporting that Desiring God will post audio from the “Stand” conference within an hour of each session’s conclusion. The video will be posted free as well. Not to mention the live coverage via the DG blog. Check … Continue reading
Who can bear the weight of the responsibility of missions work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIJc8NKnYw
For the past couple of days, this prayer has been a fruitful meditation and prayer for me as I celebrate our victorious and risen Lord. Perhaps it might likewise be a blessing to you. Also, John Piper recently preached a … Continue reading
This may be the most Christ-exalting language I’ve ever heard. This is one reason why I love Dr. Piper’s preaching – he is relentless in pointing me to Jesus. You can listen to the whole sermon here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXl9oiCa-dE This is … Continue reading