- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Talk Amongst Yourselves: What Is Going on in the SBC?
- Will (should) tax reform reform the clergy housing allowance?
- Baptist in the Spirit, Part 4: Old Testament Pentecostal Power?
- A Greek guide for the book of Luke and a FREEBIE too!
- Are You Celebrating the Reformation?
- Simple evaluation of the ruling that the housing allowance is unconstitutional
- Housing allowance struck down by federal judge, again
- National Cooperative Program gifts are up for third consecutive year
- The strange world of gender
- A Revised Question: Trying to Understand the Love of Guns
- The Alcoholic Hymn (The Spirit Bears the Curse) by Derek Webb
- Can Wellbutrin Help Me Quit Drinking?
- Relapse was like attempting suicide
- My 7 Day Alcohol Detox at a Vodou Dance Festival
- Recovery Ruined My Drinking
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- 115 Days Sober: Energy Drinks and Recovering Addicts
- 114 Days Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- 108 Days Sober: What if things get worse?
- 107 Days Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
Category Archives: Pastors and Preaching
News from the Third Avenue Blog: Third Avenue Baptist Church is now offering a pastors in training program called The PIT. The elders are very excited about this program. Please check out The PIT web page for details.
Bob Cleveland, a Southern Baptist layman from Alabama, made some helpful points about the ongoing drama in Southern Baptist life about church membership reporting. If sheep are missing, why not ask the shepherds to account for their work? He writes: … Continue reading
Ben Arment is blogging about his experience in Washington D.C. at the Capitol Hill Weekender. As a former church planter, he has had a little church culture shock at Dever’s Church. I think this quote is very insightful. I was … Continue reading
CT just posted an article by Trevin Wax. I’m sure it won’t be the last time. Read Our Ears Still Itch
Ok – I’m just as tired of the productivity pastor style posts as the rest of you guys. Except, I thought of this one so I’ll give myself the benefit of the doubt. (That was self deprecating humor not bragging.) … Continue reading
Another advocate for the small church and against ladder climbing. Are Our Gifts Too Big for Our Field of Labor? by Thabiti Anyabwile on the 9Marks Blog I wonder if one of the main challenges facing churches might not be … Continue reading