- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- “Called?” Then you’re more likely to experience burnout.
- Real Numbers: SBC In Free-Fall Compared to Southern Population, But Green Shoots Are Everywhere
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Nathan Rose
- SBCPC Scholarship Recipients (Round 1)
- 2017 SBC Pastor’s Conference: Is this what the SBC is supposed to look like?
- SBC PC: Jamie Cartledge Answers Some Questions about Chris Davis
- Jesus, the Last Adam, Resurrection, and a Syrian Family
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Ryan Rice
- A Christian, and Baptist, Response to Syria and War (by Joey Giles)
- You Can Help! Scholarships for Smaller Church Pastors
- 12 Ways Going Sober is Like Having Sex
- Wanted: Kick-Ass Recovery Bloggers
- Sober Shoutouts: Dealing with Bad Days, Living the Spiritual Principles
- Yoda would be an epic AA sponsor. Here’s 14 quotes to prove it.
- The serenity prayer told with emoji shit 💩
- 66 Days Sober: Learning the opposite of character defects
- Word Clouds: The 12 Steps and 12 Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Do I need a sponsor to get sober?
- How can I explain my addiciton and recovery to my kids?
- 9 Weeks Sober (63 Days) Starting to Believe the AA Promises
Category Archives: Seminary & Bible College
as i sat down to read in the small commons area on campus last winter, i struggled to find a place to sit my coffee and newspaper on the table in front of me. why? because the person across from … Continue reading
Dockery, David S. and Roger D. Duke. John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy Studies in Baptist Life and Thought, ed. Michael A.G. Haykin. Nashville: Broadman and Holman Academic, 2008. 260 pp. $19.99. Introduction to John A. Broadus – A Living … Continue reading
With everyone getting back into the pace of Seminary life, I thought it would be a good time to talk about study skills. So, use the comments below to share your best advice for academic success in Seminary.
Why are you at seminary? If you are like most, you will say that you are at seminary in order to receive training for ministry. You are learning. You are working. You are thinking hard. You are doing what is … Continue reading
Q: How does paying $860 for one online theology class make you feel? A: Only a little less cheated than dropping the class and failing to graduate.
It’s always puzzled me that so few Seminary professors qualify what they are asking you to do with your assigned books. I know Mortimer Adler describes several types of reading. A few well placed block quotes from How To Read … Continue reading