- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Prestonwood and the ERLC: The EC Responds
- Prestonwood, The ERLC, and The Cooperative Program (By Jedidiah Coppenger)
- Southern Baptist vocabulary watch
- The Shack: A Pastoral Perspective by Joel Rainey
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Bart Barber
- Pragmatism, Partnership, and Politics
- SBC PC: John Bailey Answers Some Questions About Spencer Plumlee
- Ways the ERLC Controversy Could Show Up in Phoenix
- 5 Reasons to Join a Local Church by Darin Smith
- Has health insurance affected your church’s pastor search or your search for a church?
- Why are my alcohol withdrawal symptoms so mild?
- How can I help my husband quit drinking?
- Share your recovery story. We need to do this together.
- Is the Bible wrong about alcohol?
- Drinking trigger: Self pity and feeling sorry for myself
- “The Easy Way to Stop Drinking” Illustrated Edition
- Coming out about my alcoholism
- The one-step program to overcome alcohol addiction
- Do I really need an addiction counselor?
- How do I know when I’ve hit “rock bottom?”
Category Archives: Seminary & Bible College
I saw a survey once of the least respected professions. Among the “winners” were lawyers, pastors and used car salesmen. Is there a joke for this? “A lawyer, a pastor, and a used car salesman walk into a bar…” When … Continue reading
Terry Delaney posted a great article at Going To Seminary titled The Ultimate Scholarship: Jehovah-Jireh
Today is the final day of my final on-campus class for my current (and possibly final) degree. After today, I will only have one online class in order to graduate in December. My wife is already celebrating. It’s been a … Continue reading
I’m sure this only applies to the careerists among us, but I see too much of it in my own heart. @ Seminary Time + $$$ + Hard Work = Status (degree) @ Churches Status + Hard Work + Time … Continue reading
Les Puryear said… I am issuing a call to all SBC seminaries to add new curriculum for the training of the future pastors of the majority of our churches: small churches. The following are just a few of the principles … Continue reading
Read this post by Derek Brown (SBTS student) before it’s too late: How to Waste Your Theological Education