- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- With whom will you pray?
- It’s About Time! Thoughts about Time Management
- An Open Letter to Steve Gaines Regarding Evangelism Taskforce Diversity
- Racial Reconciliation Dodgeball – Responsibility and Solutions
- Will Georgia Baptists be rescued by our 19th Century Calvinist predecessors?
- Moral Licensing in the SBC?
- Ignorance, Deception, or Journalistic Laziness – Take Your Pick: None Are Helpful in Racial Reconciliation Efforts
- It’s World Emoji Day, and You Know What to Do
- Should We Move On From Talking About Our Racist Past?
- Ridgecrest…one more time
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- Day 115 Sober: The Joy of Energy Drinks and Danger of Cross Addiction
- Day 114 Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- Day 108 Sober: What if things get worse?
- Day 107 Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
- 15 Weeks Sober (105 Days): Is my bipolar medicine making me depressed?
- 103 Days Sober: Expanding my “stupid” file
- 102 Days Sober: Still Learning How It Works
- 8 Reasons Why Alcohol-Free Beer Sucks (Especially for Alcoholics)
- My First 100 Days SOBER
Category Archives: Southern Baptist Convention – SBC
From the “Only at Southern” file comes a topic that gets endless mileage on campus. That topic is the topic of singleness. Whole blogs have been written about the, well, strange single student situation at Southern. (now that was alliteration … Continue reading
Listen to Dr. Mohler answer questions about his recent health issues, what he does to relax, the Baptist Faith & Message, and the anti-Calvinism statement by an Oklahoma association. If you’re into Southern Baptist issue be sure to check out … Continue reading
The Official Ten-Code List for Police communications lists 10-19 as meaning “return to…”. We pray that after yesterday’s extreme weather in and around the Ville, anybody affected will be able to return to normal. In this week’s roundup, many folks … Continue reading
Get the dirty truth about your Cooperative Program dollars. In conclusion, how responsible are we as Southern Baptists when we give money to a state convention that keeps more money than it gives to missions? How just is it that … Continue reading
Timmy Brister makes some waves about our sinking ship. We have gone from a wartime mentality to domestic infighting, like little kids in the back seat of the SBC shouting, “I know you are, but what am I?” . . … Continue reading
Ed Stetzer recently reflected on the meaning of SBC smear mongers. “They will know we are Christians by our love.” It is odd indeed that people would think that they can advance a theologically correct agenda with fleshly and carnal … Continue reading
Timothy George as quoted by Nathan Finn at SBC Witness. The Southern Baptist Convention suffers from both amnesia and myopia. We don’t know who we are, but we know we are better than everyone else.