Design Updates: What do you think?

After a long night of instant coffee and mortal combat with WordPress, Said At Southern has a new design. My aim was to keep the design clean and inviting. At this point I can not find a suitable 3 column theme.

So what do you think about the new design? Can you live with 2 columns?

What features would you like to see at Said At Southern?

What tag line would you suggest for our site?

This entry was posted in Blogging and Writing, Said At Southern Seminary. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Design Updates: What do you think?

1. Trevin Wax says:

I like this design a lot better. I know it would be nice to have a three-column theme, but this is much cleaner and easier to look through.

2. Editor says:

Trevin,
    My main deal was to keep the aggregator boxes “Students Said” ect. as clean as possible. I think this does the job.

3. R. Mansfield says:

As of this moment, all the entries under “Students Said” are from “Said at Southern Seminary” and not from student posts. Is this correct?

Also, I liked the deep red of the original. I assumed it was a take off on SBTS’s official colors of dark red/burgundy and gold. Are those still the official colors?

Rick,
    Thanks for your comment about the Student Said feed – I’ve corrected the problem.

There are some things I would like to do with the colors too. My preference is the brick red. Who else likes reds?

5. R. Mansfield says:

On the blogger page, you have feeds for individual student blogs (as well as other SBTS related feeds). Do you plan on including that on the WordPress version as well?

And…I like the reds. Technically, I still like the blogger site better. I’ll let you know when my preferences shift as I know this is a work in progress.

Rick,
    I should be adding some individual feeds over the next few days. Work in progress is definitely right. I am new to WordPress so my hacks are very primitive at this point.

If I put a TNIV verse of the day would it help the cause?

7. R. Mansfield says:

Ha. If you put up a TNIV verse a day on the Said at Southern site, I’d probably fall out of my chair.

No…if nothing else, the original site looked SO GOOD, creating it over is a challenge, and I understand that.

Rick,
    I thought everything looked SO GOOD on a Mac.

9. Tony,

If you want a 3 column format that is much neater than that hideous red one you had, try the Garland format. I switched to it and it is much, much neater.

Hideous?
    Thanks for the tip – Garland is buggy but I think it is what I was looking for last night. The issue is I am self hosting now so the Garland theme that is floating around isn’t as perfect as on WordPress.com.

What do you guys think?