Hermeneutics Quiz

Take this 20 question Hermeneutics Quiz. It was put together by Scot McKnight, so it was a little different than I expected. HT: Said at New Orleans Seminary

This entry was posted in Bible & Biblical Studies. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Hermeneutics Quiz

1. I am a “Conservative on the Hermeneutic Scale.” Which according to the website means: The strength of this view is its emphasis on the authority, ongoing and normative authority, of all of Scripture. It tends to operate with the line many of us learned in Sunday school: “If the Bible says it, that settles it.” Such persons let the Bible challenge them with full force. Literal readings lead to rather literal applications. Most of the time.

Terry Delaney’s last blog post..If Left to our own Devices…

2. I also scored within the conversative range. From the sounds of the article, I am a bit out of step. Oh well, happy to do my part in non-conformance.

Martin Pitcher’s last blog post..Baptist Children’s Home – Carmi, IL

3. Lucas Defalco says:

Conservative also. I felt like some of the answer options were a bit “loaded” in their wording…oh well.

4. G F McDowell says:

There were several questions that did not have any option remotely near my belief. Examples include the one on the Sabbath. There was no answer offering the option of the Sabbath being fulfilled in Christ.

G F McDowell’s last blog post..Being Just Like Mommy: Cosmetics Idolatry

I’m with McDowell, I wanted to skip certain questions in protest.

6. Yeah, there were some that I found very hard to give an answer to because of the same reasons McDowell gave.

Terry Delaney’s last blog post..A First on the Lord’s Day

7. Doug Smith says:

52; conservative. I wish some questions had been more nuanced as well, because I think my score has me out more on the edge (going away from conservative to more moderate) than I am or ever hope to be, based on what Scripture clearly teaches.

Doug Smith’s last blog post..Introduction to Hermeneutics, Part 3 of 4: Tools

8. Yeah, conservative as well…48. I second the notion that McDowell states about the questions.

Danny McDonald’s last blog post..Blog Highlight: The Ark of the Covenant Found?

9. Terry Lange says:

I was also conservative. Some of the questions were worded awkwardly. The quiz needs to be changed.

Terry Lange’s last blog post..Biblical Spiritual Disciplines for Real People

38 here. I’m not real sure it [the quiz] was meant to be a stroke for conservatives though. It seemed rather condescending to me.

Scott’s last blog post..And the Glory of the LORD