God has blessed America. In every way our country enjoys peace on a scale unknown in human history. Even with all our failures as a people, God is showing great mercy to the United States. If you have a moment please pray for my brother-in-law (Adam) who is in Iraq.
I want to set up a difficult question for our readers today. First read this passage from Romans. Then, watch then watch this video that recounts the history of Communism.
Romans 13:1-5 ESV
(1) Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
(2) Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
(3) For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
(4) for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.
(5) Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
There are some graphic images in this video. So don’t push play if young children are in the room. HT: Doxoblogy
What do you think?
How can Christians reconcile the real evil of human governments and Paul’s endorsement of one such government – the Roman Empire?
Posted By Tony Kummer