Speaking at GodBlogCon a week ago yesterday, Dr. Mohler issued a call for more Christian bloggers to be out there engaging culture through the medium of blogging. I heartily agree with his call, and in that spirit, I present Southern Seminary bloggers doing what they do best, engaging the culture.
- Josh “The Slugger” Hitchcock of the Reformed Mafia reflects on the ways in which our culture’s individualistic instincts are reflected in the Church.
- Brent Thomas asks the all-important question that often goes unasked in evangelism and outreach: Relevant to what?
- Brandon Rogers shows how the Helmsley dog is a bellwether for our culture.
- Denny Burk links to the Writers Cramped article in Touchstone Magazine.
- Owen Strachan links to the same article in Touchstone and gives some intelligent commentary of his own.
- Joe Thorn gives six rules for cultural engagement.
- Todd Young gets deep about whether we should expect unbelievers to act morally.
- Timmy Brister attended Mark Dever’s IX Marks lecture in Broadus Chapel, and ruminates on the relationship between making Christianity relevant to the culture and liberalism.
- Owen Strachan blogs about this culture’s alarming trend of adults playing video games.
- Dr. York engages the next generation by railing against them, then cutting and pasting in its entirety an anti-youth rant by 60 Minutes’ Morley Safer (original piece here.)
- Brent Thomas takes on the Problem of Evil and Theodicies.
- Brandon Rogers tells the sad tale of two pastors who have gone too far and embraced Scientology.
- Aaron O’Kelley reminds us that real life can be a difficult, burdensome thing.
I promise you a vacation from politics next week, in honor of Thanksgiving; but don’t worry, they’ll be back. Until then, I present SBTS bloggers’ political punditry.
- Denny Burk spreads the news that Dobson is likely to endorse Huckabee.
- Aaron O’Kelley gives an intelligent discourse on whether pro-life conservatives can vote for a pro-choice candidate.
- “Ronulan” Matthew Perry rounds up a list of who has endorsed whom.
And, last but not least, our Chapel bloggers
- Terry Delaney, our Numero Uno chapelblogger for the semester, kicks us off.
- RJ Sanders can’t be in chapel due to other commitments, but he provides us with his reflections on Dr. Rainer’s and Dr. Parker’s messages and links to the audio.
- Owen Strachan brings us Dr. Scroggins’ message on forgiveness.
Check back Monday to download Trevin Wax’s podcast interview with NT Wright.