I am issuing a call to all SBC seminaries to add new curriculum for the training of the future pastors of the majority of our churches: small churches. The following are just a few of the principles of the small church which all pastoral students need to learn:
1. The differences between relationship-driven and position/process-driven environments.
2. How to have an effective ministry by loving people.
3. How to handle conflict.
4. How to conduct a business meeting without splitting the church.
5. How to maximize personal visitation time with members in homes and hospitals.
6. Evangelism and mission in and through the small church.
7. How to identify and address local cultural traditions.
8. How to recruit volunteers.
9. How to be a servant leader.
10. How to manage an all-volunteer staff.
- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- THE ABSENCE OF A DIVERSE FACULTY AT SWBTS, CREATED AND ENLARGED THE CURRENT CULTURAL CHASM
- Pastor – Why You Need Space To Breathe
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Jose Abella
- Was Timothy the First Blustery Blogger?
- BP Reports Prestonwood to Continue CP Giving
- Of Course Evangelism is a Spiritual Gift
- “Called?” Then you’re more likely to experience burnout.
- Real Numbers: SBC In Free-Fall Compared to Southern Population, But Green Shoots Are Everywhere
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Nathan Rose
- SBCPC Scholarship Recipients (Round 1)
- Oh Shit 💩 we’re ranking for the word “shit”
- Day 75 Sober: I can’t even do relapse right
- Day 74 Sober: I thought it would get easier by now
- Day 73 Sober: No situation is so bad that a drink can’t make it worse
- 5 Definitions of Alcoholism
- 10 Ways Having an Affair Screwed Up My Life
- 70 days sober (10 weeks) Is paws a real thing?
- 12 Ways Going Sober is Like Having Sex
- Wanted: Kick-Ass Recovery Bloggers
- Sober Shoutouts: Dealing with Bad Days, Living the Spiritual Principles