I am issuing a call to all SBC seminaries to add new curriculum for the training of the future pastors of the majority of our churches: small churches. The following are just a few of the principles of the small church which all pastoral students need to learn:
1. The differences between relationship-driven and position/process-driven environments.
2. How to have an effective ministry by loving people.
3. How to handle conflict.
4. How to conduct a business meeting without splitting the church.
5. How to maximize personal visitation time with members in homes and hospitals.
6. Evangelism and mission in and through the small church.
7. How to identify and address local cultural traditions.
8. How to recruit volunteers.
9. How to be a servant leader.
10. How to manage an all-volunteer staff.
- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Steve Gaines Comments on ERLC/Moore Unity Statement
- Tips for a Great 2017 Pastors’ Conference Experience
- SBC PC: Brent Hobbs Answers Some Questions about Jose Abella
- ERLC Executive Committee & Russell Moore Release Public Statement
- Last Week in SBC Tweets
- Unity – The Joyful Choice of Being Southern Baptist
- The Great Things About Being a Pastor
- More vocabulary notables
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with John Onwuchekwa
- The Sufficiency of Scripture & Practical Bible Doctrine by Darin Smith
- What are the important sobriety milestones?
- AA Step 2: The spiritual burnout and his silent higher power… mhmm sure
- Running for my recovery, can exercise keep me sober?
- How long after I quit drinking before my sleep returns to normal?
- About the time I had a meth mule girlfriend
- I was the drunk guy tipping $100 bills
- 25 positive side effects of long-term sobriety
- One month sober: About being powerless and living step one
- Day 29 Sober: I’m learning what ODAAT means
- Day 28 Sober: About my almost relapse