“Missional” is a confusing term. For some, it’s only a marketing fad. For others, it is a rediscovery of the great commission.
Words matter. Definitions matter. Without clear terms, we can’t talk. Christians must insist on meaningful language. That is the goal of our feature called Definitions. With help from our readers, I’ve assembled this list around the theme “on being a missional church.”
- The Meaning of Missional part 1, part 2, part 3 by Ed Stetzer
- Being The Church In Culture (PDF) by Tim Keller
- Missional – The New Buzzword by Trevin Wax
- What is Missional Church? A Continuing Conversation by Alan Roxburgh
- Missional Definitions: A Brief Survey by Brother Maynard
- Missional as the Defragmentation of Missions by Brother Maynard
- Emerging + Missional = Emergissional by Dan Kimball
- What is Missional? by Bob Roberts Jr.
- Missional & the Sunday Event by Bob Roberts Jr.
- An Attempt @ Defining Missional by Bill Kinnon
- Missional Distinctives by Dave DeVries
- Failing The Mission by Dave DeVries
- On Mission Magazine by NAMB
- Missional Church by Steve McCoy
- The Gospel and the God Forsaken: The Challenge of the Missional Church in Suburbia by Todd Hiestand
- An “Expanded List” of Books for Missional Church Planters by Mark Driscoll
Obviously, these links do not imply our 100% agreement. Rather, these are some articles that the Said At Southern community has identified as helpful.
What do you think? What does it mean to be a missional church?
Leave your thoughts in the comments or add a link to your own article.
How would you define a missional church?