The Said At Southern team has written this list of expectations to define how our blog works.
You can think of this as a user agreement or blogger covenant. Either way – we want to clarify how our blog works, who gets linked, how we moderate comments and how you can participate in this project.
Said At Southern User Expectations
- We insist that all participants maintain their personal blogs in a way that honors Christ. We want to only write in a way that is appropriate for Christian witnesses. “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29 ESV
- We insist that all participants clearly identify their real name on comments and on their personal blogs. We want you to avoid anonymous opinions. We do not encourage bloggers to have an autonomous virtual identity. For example I use “Tony Kummer” or “T. Kummer.” It is not acceptable to use initials only or an assumed nickname “Super Seminary Smarty” unless your blogger profile or personal blog clearly states your real identity.
- We insist that all participants be willing to receive and give correction when these expectations are not met. As believers in Christ we are responsible to confront one anther when our blogs do not honor Christ.
- We insist that all participants avoid useless conversations. There are many topics and opinions that are out of bounds for Christians. â€œHave nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.â€ 2 Timothy 2:23 ESV
- We invite all participants to fully support and contribute to Said at Southern. We have structured our blog to allow multiple levels of participation
- Open Comments: We encourage humble, relevant and thoughtful comments by anyone who reads this blog. This extends beyond the SBTS blogging community. We want to interact with readers from diverse backgrounds.
- Linked Bloggers: This is the entry level of participation. These blogs get linked from the aggregator boxes. We request that all linked bloggers reciprocate by linking us on their blogs.
- Contributing Bloggers: In addition to linking Said At Southern, these bloggers contribute via comments and backlinked posts. On our sidebar we will display the last several posts from our contributing bloggers. They are invited to submit guest posts for Said At Southern.
- Featured Bloggers: At its core Said At Southern is an echo-chamber for what SBTS bloggers are saying. On our sidebar we will display the last several posts from our featured bloggers. Our design is to give better exposure to better content. This group of students, faculty and alumni are increasingly important voices in the blogosphere. Inclusion in the “Featured Bloggers” category is by the discretion of the Said At Southern team.
If you have suggestions on how we can improve these expectations please contribute them to the comment section.
- posted by Tony Kummer