- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- Prestonwood and the ERLC: The EC Responds
- Prestonwood, The ERLC, and The Cooperative Program (By Jedidiah Coppenger)
- Southern Baptist vocabulary watch
- The Shack: A Pastoral Perspective by Joel Rainey
- SBC PC: A Video Interview with Bart Barber
- Pragmatism, Partnership, and Politics
- SBC PC: John Bailey Answers Some Questions About Spencer Plumlee
- Ways the ERLC Controversy Could Show Up in Phoenix
- 5 Reasons to Join a Local Church by Darin Smith
- Has health insurance affected your church’s pastor search or your search for a church?
- Why are my alcohol withdrawal symptoms so mild?
- How can I help my husband quit drinking?
- Share your recovery story. We need to do this together.
- Is the Bible wrong about alcohol?
- Drinking trigger: Self pity and feeling sorry for myself
- “The Easy Way to Stop Drinking” Illustrated Edition
- Coming out about my alcoholism
- The one-step program to overcome alcohol addiction
- Do I really need an addiction counselor?
- How do I know when I’ve hit “rock bottom?”
Tag Archives: baptist
After mixing it up in our forum on the Ben Stein’s Expelled movie, I decided to go back and listen to Dr. Alvin Plantinga 2007 Norton Lectures at Southern Seminary. It was interesting that some of the debate went exaclty … Continue reading
Dr. Kevin Ezell of Highview Baptist Church in Louisville, Ky preached from Acts 20:18-38 today in chapel. Dr. Ezell preached a very entertaining yet passionate sermon. There was no doubt in my mind that he has not only struggled with … Continue reading
Chapel began with pre-service music by the Seoul Theological University Choir from South Korea. The director of the choir is Hyo Dong Sohn who is a former student here at Southern Seminary. Jon Eliff, Senior Pastor of Highland Park Baptist … Continue reading
Chapel began today with a video tribute to Union University and the devastation wrought by the tornados last week here and the recovery efforts here. The video was done by a student at the university and was set to the … Continue reading
Since the seminary was closed today due to the weather, we did not have a chapel service. However, on a local religious channel here in Louisville (channel 19) they simulcast the chapel service at 10 am on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s … Continue reading
Dr. York preached in chapel from Exodus 16 this past Thursday 2/7/08. The first half of his message dealt with how rebellion begins whether it takes place in the church or the home or anywhere. First, the revolt begins in … Continue reading
Disclaimer: Said at Southern is an unofficial network of bloggers associated with the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. As such, the Seminary administration is not involved in this blog. The view expressed in this post, like all others, is the opinion … Continue reading