- August 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (1)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (45)
- September 2008 (63)
- August 2008 (52)
- July 2008 (27)
- June 2008 (39)
- May 2008 (51)
- April 2008 (64)
- March 2008 (53)
- February 2008 (39)
- January 2008 (35)
- December 2007 (23)
- November 2007 (24)
- October 2007 (52)
- September 2007 (56)
- August 2007 (16)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (20)
- May 2007 (23)
- April 2007 (29)
- March 2007 (6)
- We suggest the following blog for anyone struggling with daily alcohol recovery and going sober.
- A Great Book that Shouldn’t Need to Be Written!
- Are Unhappy Christians a Poor Witness?
- What Became of Luther’s German Church (A Book Review of Philipp Jacob Spener, Pia Desideria)
- Talk Amongst Yourselves: What Is Going on in the SBC?
- Will (should) tax reform reform the clergy housing allowance?
- Baptist in the Spirit, Part 4: Old Testament Pentecostal Power?
- A Greek guide for the book of Luke and a FREEBIE too!
- Are You Celebrating the Reformation?
- Simple evaluation of the ruling that the housing allowance is unconstitutional
- Housing allowance struck down by federal judge, again
- The Alcoholic Hymn (The Spirit Bears the Curse) by Derek Webb
- Can Wellbutrin Help Me Quit Drinking?
- Relapse was like attempting suicide
- My 7 Day Alcohol Detox at a Vodou Dance Festival
- Recovery Ruined My Drinking
- How to Use Your Addictive Personality For Good
- Addiction Kicked My Ass this Month
- 118 Days Sober: Medicine can’t fix a broken lifestyle
- 115 Days Sober: Energy Drinks and Recovering Addicts
- 114 Days Sober: How I Found Sobriety on Twitter
- 113 Days Sober: Another Close Call and Finding Excuses Not To Drink
- 16 Weeks Sober (112 days) Learning to Share My Story
- “My name is Sarah and I am a social media addict.”
- 108 Days Sober: What if things get worse?
- 107 Days Sober: Finding Motivation by Helping Another Alcoholic
- 106 Days Sober: Being Selfish about My Sobriety
Tag Archives: preaching
Dr. Bill Henard of Porter Memorial Baptist Church in Lexington, KY, preached from Genesis 39:1-9 today in Alumni Chapel. The sermon challenged us that if we do anything in ministry we should commit to being a person of integrity. Sermon: … Continue reading
Dr. Jim Orrick, famous for his rap, preached from Romans 8:23-25 in chapel today. My 3 1/2 year old son says he looks like John the Baptist. Anyway, the message can be heard here. If you did not attend, or … Continue reading
Dr. Kevin Ezell of Highview Baptist Church in Louisville, Ky preached from Acts 20:18-38 today in chapel. Dr. Ezell preached a very entertaining yet passionate sermon. There was no doubt in my mind that he has not only struggled with … Continue reading
Chapel began with pre-service music by the Seoul Theological University Choir from South Korea. The director of the choir is Hyo Dong Sohn who is a former student here at Southern Seminary. Jon Eliff, Senior Pastor of Highland Park Baptist … Continue reading
Dr. Lawless preached a much needed chapel message today. He is the dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions, Evangelism and Church Growth as well as the director of professional doctoral studies at SBTS. You can listen to the … Continue reading
Chapel began today with a video tribute to Union University and the devastation wrought by the tornados last week here and the recovery efforts here. The video was done by a student at the university and was set to the … Continue reading