After nearly a year, I’m finally bringing on advertisers for Said at Southern. You can find out more on the new sponsors information page. I’m planning to keep it minimal, but I do hope to sell out the available spots. I feel like the prices are about half of what I could make with AdSense. Of course, I get to control the content by selling ads directly.
Here is why I’m selling ads:
- So I don’t feel so bad blogging! Seriously, I’ve been making a little money on my children’s ministry blog and it has been a great encouragement for my wife – not to mention paying all the web hosting and ISP costs in my life.
- I could do some really cool things with some of the income:
- pay a small amount to our loyal writers (like Terry)
- put up money for a scholarship essay contest at SBTS
- advertise Said at Southern in the Towers Newspaper on campus
What do you think?
I know most of you guys don’t care and mostly read the feed, but I am still a little nervous about the move. Feel free to chastise me or congratulate me in the comments.