The work of a biblical pastor is not easy. The oversight of souls can be a lonely and discouraging work. Pastors who labor in the Gospel need encouragement and continued discipleship. The internet makes this possible in new and exciting ways. Here is a list of 5 blogs that encourage pastors. Bookmark or subscribe to these sites. Then forward them to the pastors in your life.
Top 5 Blogs To Encourage Pastors
- Pulpit Magazine is a ministry of Shepherds’ Fellowship. This site continues to disciple me every time I visit. John MacArthur and his staff have made this an invaluable resource for pastors. Click here to subscribe to Pulpit’s RSS feed.
- Desiring God has an excellent blog administered by Abraham Piper. This site provides news from Desiring God but several excellent articles every week. You will also find new sermons every week from Dr. John Piper. Click here to subscribe to Desiring God’s RSS feed.
- Pure Church is the blog of Thabiti Anyabwile. A contemplation of all things church… and a desire for an increasingly pure church reformed by the word of God. Click here to subscribe to Pure Church RSS feed.
- Just when you thought you were finished with Semianry – Dr. Albert Mohler’s website is your one-stop for free continuing education in the ministry. His daily articles and radio program always prove informative. Click here to subscribe to Dr. Mohler’s RSS feed.
- Church Matters is the new blog from 9 Marks. Matt Schmucker has been a friend to pastors for many years. Now he is leading a whole team of serious minded fellow pastors in writing for the Church Matters blog. Their tag line: The 9Marks blog aims to stimulate a helpful conversation among pastors, church leaders, and Christians about life together in the local church. Click here to subscribe to Church Matter’s RSS feed.
Why these five?
I have hundreds of feeds captive in my Google reader – literally. I selected these as the top five that consistently challenge me to trust Christ and love His church. Why only five? Pastor’s must fiercely guard their time. Every day there are thousand of very good blog articles published that might be helpful to pastors. But if we only read the good stuff, who would have time for the Puritans?
- Expository Thoughts
- Together For The Gospel
- Worship Matters
- Discerning Reader
- Founder’s Ministry
- Monday Morning Insight
What do you think?
What are your top 5 blogs to encourage pastors?
Posted By Tony Kummer